Friday, April 30, 2010

First Friday Check-In

It's Friday! TGIF Everybody!

I made it almost a whole week on this diet! Sort-of lol! I've faltered. I'm human. But what I'm proud of is that I have kept moving on instead of giving up. I'm even more proud that my mess-ups didn't include a foresaking of my diet and calorie count. It was just that I got busy, lost track of taking my shakes every hour and for the last 2 days, I only had a total of 5 shakes. If anyone else is planning on doing this diet, my advice for you is to not skip the shakes! They help to manage your hunger!

Wednesday, I was pretty busy with my daughter and wasn't paying attention to time and ended up only drinking 3 out of 7 shakes that day so by the time dinner came (which was later than usual) I was so hungry! I tried to ignore it but I ended up eating 2 small salads and a piece of buttered bread to hold me over until dinner was ready. Then, when dinner was ready less than an hour later, I had a whole chicken breast (with skin), about 2 tablespoons of rice and a heaping helping of veggies. I really don't think I went over my 12oo per day calorie count but the skipping meals and one big heavy meal so late in the day was a no-no. It defeats the purpose of the whole diet which is to give a turbo-boost to my metabolism.

Thursday, I tried to do better but I don't know what happened. I barely drank any water, I only had 2 shakes and I ended up eating dinner even later (around 9:30pm) due to my daughter's dance class. Okay, who am I foolin? No excuses. I could've had dinner before dance which started at 5 or even during dance but I just didn't prepare to do so. So that's my story and I'm stickin to it. I'm not so proud of these stumbles along my path but I have full faith in my ability to stay on track and lose the weight.

Numbers Update:
Thursday morning I weighed in at 268.8 which gave me a total of 6 lbs lost since Monday. I also had a tinkering to measure myself for some reason and I lost 1 1/2 inches in my chest and 1 in my tummy. Yay me!!!!!

This morning I weighed in at dunh-dunh-dunnnnnnnhhhhh...271 and I know it was due to my LACK of eating and eating so late the last 2 days. Don't cry for me though! I'm taking it as a learning lesson.

Some good news: I finally went to the gym this morning! I plan to go later this evening as well, after my dinner and movie date (A Nightmare on Elm Street-yikes! Lol) with an old friend. I'm hoping to convince her to go along with me although I'm pretty sure I'll get shut down. I don't really think she's the work-out type. That's okay though. If she won't go, I'll go by myself.

So, that's that. The First Friday Check-In. My next blog will be Monday morning wherein I'll give the first weeks numbers and hopefully have 2 sets of before pics to show. Thanks for reading!

BeeB.i.g.g.

No comments:

Post a Comment