Monday, May 3, 2010

Let's make it a Do-over

Hey y'all! Did you think about me over the weekend? Did you wonder if I was able to stick to my diet during all the weekend fun? Well...today I weighed in at a big fat 273.8lbs so that should answer your question. I ended up skipping the shakes all together, eating one or two meals a day and I stopped counting calories. Saturday wasn't too bad but hell, Sunday I indulged in an iced caramel latte with soup and a toasted wheat bagel with honey butter spread and a blueberry muffin and then munched on 3 other bagels with cream cheese over the course of the day. Then ended with a late dinner of spaghetti and salad and garlic bread. Now you know that ain't right. Yes, people. Self-sabotage. It's an ugly thing. I gained back all but one of the pounds I lost. Too bad. So sad. Yet another lesson learned. On to the next one. But not so fast...

One thing that is sticking with me is something that I heard on an episode of Made. If you've been hiding under a rock for the past like 10 years or haven't had cable or even worse, you just don't watch MTV-Made is a reality show which chronicles high school kids who want to achieve a certain goal which is very much outside and contradictory to their usual routine and personality. Example: Nerdy, chubby, never-been-kissed dude wants to become a ladies man. Dude gets paired with a "Made Coach" who helps him to accomplish (or get as close to it) his goal in 6 weeks. Honestly, I can't even remember what this particular Made was about because I've seen so many but inevitably the quirky teen in question at some point in the program always decides to half-ass it or give up before ultimately getting their ass chewed off by the Made Coach and deciding to give it another go. Maybe they didn't watch the previous shows (under the same rock as whomever reading this has never heard of Made) or didn't seem to think that whatever it was they were choosing to go for wasn't going to be as much hard work as the other ne'er-do-wells. Anywho, in this episode, a guy who was assisting the Made Coach in some way had just witnessed teenage girl do a horrible practice run of whatever the talent was she had been learning over the past several weeks. And he asked her, "So...you're doing all this hard work...to fail?" And as simple as the sarcastic statement was, it made so much sense. Why do all the hard work just to sabotage your own success?????? She could've stayed in her boring little life and never called MTV to interrupt it. But since she did, and made all these sacrifices, why not give it your very best and not give up? It's only 6 weeks right? Now lets apply it to me. It's only 140lbs right? At some point, the race will be over but right now, I have to keep running. It only makes sense to. Why engage in a whole 5 days worth of sticking to the plan just to make all the hard work insignificant in the next 2? Why do all the hard work just to fail? So I'm deciding now that I'm not going to be a failure. I'm pushing on and looking straight ahead.

I didn't measure myself today nor did I take any pictures. I thought that with gaining back the weight, there couldn't be much of a difference. So, let's make it a do-over and I'll make sure you'll have those next week. For now I'm off to sip my sizzerp! Thanks for reading!

BeeB.i.g.g.

No comments:

Post a Comment